Chipotle Chicken Mini Tostadas with avocado spread. The tanginess of the avocado balances perfectly with the spicy chipotle sauce. So good!
Is anyone crazy just like a I am and are already thinking about the holidays? I’m not into Halloween (could be since my sons are not little anymore) so I’m skipping that celebration all together and I’m jumping right into Thanksgiving. I’m already starting to think of the menu for turkey day and how the table will be set up. Appetizers should always be considered part of the planning for any get together so it’s good to start early and test things out.
These Chipotle Chicken Mini Tostadas will definitely be part of my menu as they are delicious and so easy to make. Everything can be made ahead of time and right before your guests arrive, just assemble and enjoy!
I know how planning a get together can be a little hectic at times for the host so if you don’t feel like fussing around making the mini tostadas, you can use round tortilla chips or cut pre-made tostadas. However, if you make these ahead of time it will surely impress your guests! Aren’t the cute?
Recipe adapted from Cuisine at home magazine
- 3 flour tortillas (8")
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup non fat Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- cilantro, lime zest
- Coat both sides of tortillas with nonstick spray. Stack and cut into 8 wedges (24 total); push into cups (standard muffin pan). Bake 6-8 minutes, or until golden.
- Mash avocado, yogurt, & lime juice together, then add the cilantro and, salt to taste.
- Simmer ketchup, sugar, chipotles, soy sauce, vinegar, chili powder and chicken in a saucepan over medium-low heat for 8 minutes, or until sauce is syrupy.
- Top each tostada with 1 tablespoon of the avocado mixture, then 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture.
- Garnish each tostada with cilantro, and zest.