Today’s breakfast was a wonderful yogurt parfait with chia seeds. I recently discovered these seeds and I’ve been reading how good they are for your health. I’m trying to get creative in incorporating these seeds into my meals so you will see me eat them more often than not. They don’t have any flavor but they do add a wonderful texture to my food. I just love the crunchiness!
7 Good Reasons To Start Eating Chia Seeds
1) Help weight loss. Chia seeds are popular for weight loss. They reduce food cravings by preventing some of the food that you eat from getting absorbed into your system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes them a great diet helper.
2)Feel fuller faster: They can also help your diet by making you feel full. This is because they absorb 10 times their weight in water, forming a bulky gel.
3) Hydration for athletes: They are also great for athletes because the “chia gel” can hydrate the body.
4) Reduce your blood pressure: There’s evidence to suggest they can reduce lower blood pressure.
5) Omega-3: They are the richest plant source of Omega-3 (the vital fats that protect against inflammation—such as arthritis—and heart disease). In fact, they contain more Omega-3 than salmon!
6) Benefits for diabetes: Because chia seeds slow down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrates into simple sugars, studies indicate they can control blood sugar. This leads scientists to believe chia seeds may have great benefits for diabetics.
7) They are easier to digest than flax seeds, and don’t need to be ground up
Here is a fascinating article regarding chia seeds:
Greek yogurt parfait
8oz of plain Greek yogurt (excellent source of protein) + 1/2 cup of blueberries + 10 fresh cheries + 1/4 cup of granola with flax & pumpkin seeds + 1 tbsp chia seeds + 1 packet of sweet leaf sweetener (or use any other no calorie sweetener if desired)
Mix the yogurt & the sweetener. Arrange all of the ingredients in several layers.
I like to look at pretty things so I think this yogurt tastes better when eaten out of a fancy glassThe little details are the ones that fill my life with joy!