My weekend was perfect! Watched Toy Story 3, rented Shutter Island, had great food, the best company a girl can ask for (Paul of course lol!) and a great workout but all good things come to an end
Do you guys cry with animated movies? I actually got all choked up with Toy Story when Andy was going away to college. I guess I could relate to it since my boys are at that age.
Yesterday we had Red Robin for lunch and I tried to order something healthy to stay on track. I ordered the Ensenada Chicken Platter. Paul ordered a hamburger. Did you guys know that if you go to Red Robin’s website you can customize your meals and see how many calories they will be? I was really impressed with that feature! I wish all restaurants had that. If I was the President of the U.S. I would make that a law!
Not so healthy lol!
I bet it’s delicious though
I made this yummy bar this morning and it will definitely be one of my favorite ones to make. Next time I’ll use a 8×8 baking dish to make them a little thicker.
1.5 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of milk
¾ cup of whole wheat flour
¼ tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. baking soda
3 scoops of vanilla protein powder
1 cup of cranberries, lightly packed
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
6 tbsp. of yogurt
1 egg white
1 banana, mashed
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup of raw honey (I used agave nectar instead)
1 tsp. of cinnamon
1 tsp. of allspice
1) Stir together the oats with the milk, and let soak.
2) Meanwhile, combine the salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour, and spices in a large bowl.
3) In a separate bowl, beat the egg, egg white, banana, yogurt, vanilla, and honey until well combined.
4) Mix the dry ingredients with the oats. Gently mix in the wet ingredients until well combined. Fold in the dates and chopped walnuts.
5) Grease and lightly flour a baking pan.
6) Bake at 325 degrees for about 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick down the center comes out clean. (I used the 9×13 and was done in 40 minutes)