Workout Routine Part 2 – 6/05/11 till show time!

Okay guys, here is what I’ll be doing for the rest of my workouts for the final weeks. I’m missing triceps but will come back and edit this post tomorrow as I don’t have access to the weights I’m doing (the notebook is at another place :-D)

My diet also changed this week and I’m getting a little less food but my refeed day went from half day to a FULL day! I had my first full day refeed on Thursday and it was awesome! I felt that I was never going to stop eating haha. However, yesterday and today I feel like nothing is filling me up. I’m hungry! I need to SUCK IT up though since I’m 5 weeks out and there is no room for error at this point.

Legs
Squats – 175 lbs x 10, 185 x 8, 195 x 6
Straight Leg Deadlifts (on platform so that I get full range of motion) – 135 lbs x 7 x 3
Leg Presses – 305 lbs x 8 x 3
Calves (whatever we feel like that day)

Delts
Seated Dumbbell Presses – 35 lbs x 9 x 3
Upright Rows – 70 lbs x 7 x 3 (wide grip using an olympic bar – see video)
Dumbbell Alternating Front Raises – 20 lbs DB x 8 x 3

Now that I’m getting super lean I realize I need more muscle! I hope I don’t look too tiny on stage.:-(*sigh*

Share to Facebook|Pin Site Image|Tweet This Post|back to top
  • 06/11/2011 - 10:05 am

*BaBy Fu* - I too ‘loaded’ up on Thursday! Felt good :) And you are totally right, there’s absolutely no room for error at this point! Keep it up!!!ReplyCancel

• 06/11/2011 - 10:38 am

karatenurse - You and your shoulders look awesome! 5 weeks!? So excited for you! You are going to kill it!ReplyCancel

• 06/11/2011 - 3:19 pm

PAB - Note fr Trainer: Re Leg Presses – This wkout they are being done with feet close in, high on the pad with strict form keeping the legs straight down to parallel. Will try to get a vid for everyone to see the difference in form when done with feet wider and lower. Current wkout puts more emphasis on the quads.ReplyCancel

• 06/12/2011 - 2:52 am

Ana C. - Thanks for your comments! Only 5 weeks!!

Dear trainer, thanks for pointing that out. As you can tell I’m not very good about the details lol. Let’s work on that video!ReplyCancel

• 06/12/2011 - 6:29 pm

Matreena Noland - Ana, thank you for the shout out and the words of encouragement! I look forward to following your progress. =)ReplyCancel

• 06/17/2011 - 2:47 pm

michelle - Hi Ana I just wanted to let you know I am following your progress. I enjoy your blog and was also working with LBC for a while, now I am doing Scot Abel’s “Ultimate Figure Program.” I like the approach you are taking with your contest prep of NO CARDIO! I stopped doing cardio over a year ago and my body looks so much better…more muscle.

Ana, your workouts look amazing. You are so strong! Your body is amazing! Keep up the good work!

Question…how do you define a REFEED as opposed to a CHEAT?ReplyCancel

• 06/19/2011 - 8:53 pm

Ana C. - Awe thank you so much Michelle! I’ve heard great things about Scot and I’m sure you’re in great hands. I really like the idea of NO CARDIO too! lol! Thanks so much for your compliments… they really mean a lot.

As I understand it, Cheat meals are for psychological purposes and Refeeds and cheat days however are for physiological benefits to kick up hormonal activity etc.

Refeeds are controlled and they are done over a period of time to regulate the hormone Leptin. For more information about it you can read it here: http://www.leanbodiesfitness.com/showthread.php?t=1240&highlight=cheat+%2Brefeed

I hope that helps! Do you have a blog where you update your progress so that I can follow you?

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by :-)ReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *