Disclaimer: This will be a short post just as long as it takes for this yummy protein cake to cook. 1 minute!
I’ve seen a few recipes for protein mug cakes floating around in the interweb but none of the ones I’ve tried where actually good. I would eat them just because it was better than not having any “cake” at all. Until this one. It truly feels like you’re eating a decadent dessert but instead you’re eating a dessert with lots of protein and that is high in fiber.
It took me a while to master the ratios for this recipe and the only thing that I may do next time is add some kind of gooey stuff (like nutella) to make it a lava cake. Hello! Did you just say my name?
I think I’ll be eating this as my post workout meal in a regular basis for a long time!
- 3 Tbsp whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, natural unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp stevia
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use Gold Standard 100% Whey)
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Please note that using a different kind of protein powder may change the calories in this recipe. One scoop of Gold Standard 100% Whey has 130 calories.