Easy recipes is what I’m all about these days. I don’t have much time to cook and when I do get to cook it has to be easy, quick and good. The recipe I’m about to share with you is exactly that! It’s not dinner per se, but is perfect for the upcoming Holiday get togethers.
So why am I so busy? During the fall I’m always packed with photo shoots, editing, packaging photos/CDs, post office visits or delivering the goods in person. I’ve been doing this for years and I always know what to expect as far as the amount of work that comes with holiday photo shoots. Somehow I also manage to over book myself to the point where I don’t even have time to send my personal Holiday cards! I always cave in to people that want to book me at the last minute. I always have a hard time saying “no” to clients except this year!!! This year is different… I can’t overbook since I won’t have time for more work. We’re going to Paris the day after Thanksgiving!
I’m so excited I can barely wait! I’m giddy like a high school girl that just got her first kiss (wait, I think now girls get their first kiss during sixth grade no? LOL).
I’m already thinking what I need to pack, snacks to bake for the trip, reading material, etc. We’re also going to London for a couple of days while we’re there and to me that’s a big deal!. I’ve never been to the other side of the continent so everything will be new to me. I’ll be like a sponge absorbing everything and everybody around me.
Have you been to Paris/London? Do you recommend something we must do while we’re there?
For this recipe just use your favorite french bread to make the crostinis. I used whole wheat for mine since I loved how this bread looked… is all about photographing pretty food right? 😉 If you’re making this appetizer for a gathering with friends and family, you can make the Roasted tomatoes ahead of time to save you time the day of.
Easy peasy…. exactly what you need on busy days.
|Avocado Ricotta Crostinis||
- 1 avocado
- 4 oz ricotta cheese
- roasted tomatoes (see link to recipe below)
- salt & pepper
- thyme or rosemary (dried or fresh)
- olive oil for drizzling
- your favorite french bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice the french bread about 1/2 inch thick and place on a baking sheet. Bake on preheated oven for about 5 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- Smash the avocado with a fork until smooth. Add the ricotta, and salt & pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Spread crostinis with the avocado/ricotta mix and top with the roasted tomatoes, thyme or rosemary, salt & pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
Recipe for roasted tomatoes