Shhh… I’m going to let you in a little secret recipe but you have to keep it to yourself okay? Have you been to Carrabba’s Italian Grill? I used to go quiet often and honestly, the main reason why was for their herbs with dipping oil and yummy bread! Oh so flavorful!
The first time I made this recipe was about two years ago for a party and all of my guests were raving about it. Since then I have perfected it even more so I can’t imagine next time I make it for a gathering. In fact, I feel like throwing a dinner party just so I have an excuse to serve it
The beauty of this mixture is that it freezes very well. You can make a bunch and freeze in small ziploc bags and use as needed. The first time I made it for the party, I made so much that I ended up giving some to friends to take home. Next time I attend a dinner party I would love to be sent home with food gifts like this… just sayin’ 😉
It’s okay to share the dish when you make it but don’t tell anybody you made it yourself. Remember it’s a secret!
Use a mortar and pestle (or molcajete) to grind the ingredients and to mix well. This helps to infuse all of the flavors together.
|Herbs & Dipping Oil||
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary (or dried if you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Using a mortar and pestle tool, add half of the ingredients and crush all ingredients together until the garlic is all ground and mixed well with the other herbs. Repeat process for the remaining of the herbs.
- Transfer mix to a small dish or bowl and add olive oil.
- Serve with fresh bread (I like to use french bread or baguette).