I just realized it’s been over two weeks since I made a food post and for that I apologize. In my mind I thought it was 1 week tops. Yikes! Like I mentioned in my last posts I’ve been swamped with work but that should not be an excuse right?
One thing I don’t compromise when I’m swamped with work is my health. I always make time to eat healthy and go to the gym. That’s non-negotiable. If I don’t eat healthy (okay, 90% of time time) and don’t workout then I would be one very cranky woman!
I’ve been making these pancakes for over a year now almost every week and I’m still not tired of them. One of my fitness friends (Ila where are you? :)) turned me onto this recipe and I’ll be forever thankful! The beauty of these pancakes is they’re so easy to make and so healthy! I mean they don’t taste like your traditional pancakes made with white flour but heck they sure do the job and satisfy your sweet tooth and they’re ab friendly too
- 40 grams (or 1/2 cup) oatmeal
- 6 egg whites
- 90 grams pumpkin pure (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 packets of your favorite no calorie sweetener (I use stevia)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- a splash of vanilla extract
- Grind the oatmeal first by using a coffee grinder, magic bullet or a blender (I used the magic bullet)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend again.
- Set a non stick pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook each side for about a minute.
- Depending on the size of your pan it could make from 3 large pancakes to 5 smaller ones like mine.
These calories are for the entire batch of pancakes whether they come out 4 or 5 since it all depends on the size of your pancake.