Life is something we all share,
Just like oxygen, in the air.
The way we live it, is up to us,
With a negative or with a plus.
Life is something, we should cherish,
We never know, when we’ll perish.
Live each and every single day,
Smell the flowers, stop and play.
Life is something, we’ve been blessed,
Choice is yours, choose your quest.
Follow your passions, and you’ll be fine,
With the right attitude, you will shine.
~ by anita’s poems
Did you know that chickpeas are an excellent source of zinc, folate and protein? 100 grams of plain chickpeas contains 164 calories, 2.6 grams of fat (of which only 0.27 grams is saturated), 7.6 grams of dietary fiber and 8.9 grams of protein. Chickpeas also provide dietary phosphorus (49–53 mg/100 g), with some sources citing the garbanzo’s content as about the same as yogurt and close to milk.
Recent studies have also shown that they can assist in lowering of cholesterol in the bloodstream. [source here]
|Spicy Crispy Chickpeas||
- 2 - 15 oz cans chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas
- Place chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes shaking the pan a few times throughout.
- Take out of oven and toss them with the oil, salt and chili.
- Bake for another 30 minutes shaking the tray a few times during this cooking time.