I felt very accomplished this weekend even though I didn’t do much! After weeks of being hectic with back to back appointments and long chore lists I finally got time to do nothing. Well, I take that back… we did finish our taxes! Mr. Delish did make a note that this is our first year to submit our taxes as husband and wife and I can honestly say that it gave me butterflies :). Every single new milestone we reach since we got married is worth noting right? We also went to the gym and cooked a delicious fancy dinner… you know, things that are part of our routine.
I also made these yummy Chocolate Banana Muffins. They are so easy to make that you will want to make them every weekend! It only takes 10 minutes to mix the batter and put them in the oven. Yeah these little babies are not the “healthy” kind but if you eat just one I promise it won’t make you “unhealthy” 😉
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 2 big bananas)
- 1 large egg
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whole or 2% milk
- 3 oz baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 (12-cup) nonstick muffin tin with 12 paper cupcake liners
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk until incorporated.
- Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients just until blended (but do not over-mix as it could result in a tough muffin). Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins until the tops are pale golden and a tester inserted into the center comes out with some melted chocolate attached but no crumbs, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins to rack to cool for 15 minutes. Then remove from the muffin tins.
- Cook's Note: The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Recipe adapted from Food network