I’m really excited to share this recipe with you. Not only do *I* think this granola is delicious but it also passed the toughest taste test of all: Mr Delish approved it! See, Mr Delish is
very a little selective when it comes to food so I do get excited when he likes something I thought he wouldn’t. Not that the recipe is bad but he doesn’t like anything with coconut! Say what? How can anybody NOT like coconut?
Anyhow, the coconut flavor in this granola is very mild that it doesn’t take away from all of the other ingredients in the mix. Usually coconut can be very overpowering but not in this case. However, you can really taste the nut flavor since it intensifies during the baking process… always a plus 😉
The beauty of making your own granola is that you have total control of the ingredients and can get as creative as you want. Just add what you like and you’re set! For this recipe I decided to use coconut oil (much healthier!) instead of the usual vegetable oil. I also used The Baking Blend for Truvia instead of brown sugar. If you want to use brown sugar instead just replace the Truvia for 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of brown sugar (close to 300 calories more for the entire batch!).
Use any kind of nut or dried fruit you like. Have fun creating your own masterpiece!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup truvia or stevia sweetener
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup cranberries or any dried fruit of your choice
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, salt and truvia.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, and oil. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add cranberries and mix until evenly distributed.
- Can be stored in a sealed container for up to two weeks.
I ended up eating this granola as cereal when I took the photos for this blog post. I used unsweetened almond milk, added bananas and boom! The perfect snack