It turns out that June 21st is National Peaches & Cream Day. Did you know that? I’m waaay ahead of schedule posting this recipe but for someone that never paid attention to “National Food” days this is a good start! Besides, you probably want to know about this recipe ahead of time so you can make it on that day right? You’re welcome 😉
These grilled peaches & cream are perfect for summer gatherings as most of them have grilling involved. Grilling the peaches brings out their juiciness and intensifies their sweetness….who doesn’t want that? Just cut the peaches in half, grill, cool off, slap some whipped cream on them and add your favorite toppings. Easy peasy!
One of my favorite things about summer is the abundance of fruit at the farmer’s market and grocery stores. Suddenly the shelves are filled with grapes, plums, cherries, peaches, cantaloupes, watermelon… mmmm watermelon, strawberries, and more! My inspiration goes in high gear wanting to try different recipes that involve fruit. I really can’t wait to get the ball rolling…
Here is the first one up “Grilled Peaches & Vanilla Cream”. What will be next?
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar (use 2 packets of truvia for a sugar free alternative)
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- 4 peaches
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnuts for topping, chopped
- In a large bowl, whip cream until sit starts to thicken.
- Add the vanilla and sugar. Continue whipping until soft peaks form, about 4 or 5 minutes. Refrigerate.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Cut the peaches in half and brush the top with olive oil.
- Place the peaches face down on the grill and cover.
- Cook peaches for about 6 to 8 minutes, until there are distinct grill marks and the peaches feel warmed through and slightly softened.
- Once the peaches are cooled off, top with a big dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with the walnuts.