I’m not sure if I should call this a “green” habit, a good trait or a an annoying OCD personality. But for the life of me I can’t get rid of plastic containers!! Either from store bought food or from restaurant leftovers. At least not until I use them one more time. Somebody help me please….. I have STACKS of 32 oz yogurt containers in my cabinet drawer! I either need to start making more food to share or I need to throw them away. I need to do this cold turkey. Period.
I made Strawberries & Cream for Father’s Day and they were a hit! The beauty of this dessert is it’s good enough to make for one person of for a crowd. If you make it for a group of people I have no doubt everybody will be impressed and you may even be asked for more 😉
I had a little strawberry sauce leftover so today I added it to some plain greek yogurt (sweetened with sugar free french vanilla Torani syrup). Oh my! The texture was so smooth. Just like if I used whipped cream. It was hard to believe it was a healthy dessert!
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 7.5 teaspoons natural sweetener such as [url href=”http://truvia.com/products” target=”_blank”]Truvia[/url] or Stevia, divided. (if regular sugar is preferred, use 5 tablespoons.)
- 1 cup heavy cream (for a healthy option use plain non-fat greek yogurt instead)
- In a food processor, puree 2.5 cups strawberries and 4.5 teaspoons of Truvia or Stevia (or 3 Tbsp sugar) until smooth.
- Strain the puree through a fine colander and discard the seeds. Chill the puree until cold.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat the heavy cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Add the remaining 3 teaspoon of Truvia (or 2 Tbsp sugar) and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the puree into the whipped cream until mixed but streaks of white and puree are still visible.
- Transfer to serving cups and chill until ready to eat. Garnish with fresh strawberries before serving.
- Cook’s notes: I use the Truvia Baking Blend for natural sweeteners as it tastes more like sugar and it has no after taste like other natural sweeteners may have.