Hi guys, are you ready for Fourth of July celebrations? This is a short post since I want to get this recipe out to you ASAP! Well, this is in case you’re still looking for an easy, quick, healthy and delicious side dish recipe.
This is a simple but very flavorful pasta salad, making it great for gatherings or just when you don’t feel like making anything complicated. You can serve it as a side dish with any kind of meat or turn into a main dish by adding grilled chicken or shrimp.
- 8 oz (1-1/2 cups) dry orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1Tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped (I used cilantro instead)
- 1-1/2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan bring 3 quarts lightly salted water to boiling.
- Add the orzo and boil for about 10 minutes or until it has a firm, chewy texture, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking together.
- Drain orzo in a colander and transfer to medium sized bowl. Cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients plus salt & pepper to taste. Fold until all ingredients well until mixed well
- Serve chilled or at room-temperature.