Is the way to a man’s heart really through his belly? I’m starting to believe that saying is 100% accurate! I have a confession to make (shhh… let’s hope Mr. Delish is not reading this 😉 ) but I think my hubby is starting to become a
lot little spoiled when it comes to me cooking for the blog. See, there’s been a lack of baked goods in my kitchen lately since I’m in “de-fluff” mode and someone let me know :). So I gave in and baked him something sweet.
He requested something cinnamony but my rule was that it had to be easy. So off I went to make these amazing Apple Cinnamon Muffins!
When the muffins came out of the oven, Mr. Delish got ready to taste and enjoy them. He made himself a cup of coffee, got the butter ready and waited patiently until they were cool enough to eat (but still nice and warm). I always enjoy watching his reaction when he first bites into something I make. For me the joy of cooking is knowing someone appreciates it. So as much as ” the way to a man’s heart is through his belly”, the same holds true that “the way to a woman’s heart is seeing happiness in her loved ones”.
What was his reaction? I know if he closes his eyes and savors each bite it must be good. Plus he will make this certain sound – like a mumbled yum while chewing. Well check off all those reactions. I’m happy. Success!
- CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups diced apples (small chunks)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + 2 tsp, divided
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon + ½ tsp, divided
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Spray muffin tins with bakers spray and set aside.
- To make the topping, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter, and mix until it resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the 2 cups of flour, baking powder, salt, and 2 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the diced apples, the 2 tsp flour and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Coat the apples well and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add an egg, one at a time, taking care to fully incorporate before adding the other. Mix in the vanilla.
- Gently fold in flour mixture, alternating with milk. Stir until just combined. Gently fold in the diced apples .
- Add the mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling about ¾ full.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of muffins.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 25 minutes.