Asian Steak Kebabs

Asian Steak Kebobs & fresh broccoli slaw - dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!P I N_______I M A G E

Oh hey guys!

Can you believe this is the third time I’ve blogged in less than 7 days? I think this is a record! To tell you the truth I’ve been uninspired for lack of a better word, to cook different meals since I started my de-fluff process (aka dieting ;)). Lately I’ve been eating the same things since I have a set number of calories each day. I feel like my creativity & desire to cook went down the drain!

But I had enough of it! I started to pull myself out of the hole I was falling into and searched deep down inside of me for what brings me joy. I realized it’s cooking & blogging!

Going thru the dieting process made me realize that physique competitions are not for me (I talk about it HERE why I’m competing again). I haven’t decided whether I’ll go through with my competition or not. I’m still searching for the “what I get out of competing” reason that makes this process worth it. I guess I wasn’t 100% sure of it when I made the commitment 😉 For now, I’ll continue the process until my mind is all clear of all doubts.

Anyway, getting back to what brings me joy – this little blog in the inter-web and cooking for the people I love. Being creative keeps me sane, grounded and happy.  I promised myself not let dieting bring me down. For my own sake and for the people around me:)

So without further ado, I present to you a dish that is approved by dieters as well as non-dieters: Asian Steak Kebabs.  These are so easy & quick to make that it’s perfect for weeknight dinners.

Asian Steak Kebabs
Author: Fit, Fun & Delish!
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 4
Ingredients
  • [b]Steak:[/b]
  • 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. each chili garlic sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
  • 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 lbs of top sirloin, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
  • [b]Broccoli Slaw:[/b]
  • 1 bag broccoli slaw mix (10 oz)
  • 3 scallions, sliced on the bias
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
  • 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
  • 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
  • Toasted sesame seeds
Instructions
  1. Preheat the grill to medium-high and brush it oil.
  2. [b]Preparing the Steak: [/b]
  3. In a large bowl, whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, chili garlic sauce, oil and brown sugar. Add the sirloin and toss to coat.
  4. Set aside to marinate while making the slaw.
  5. [b]Making the slaw:[/b]
  6. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, ginger, brown sugar, and chili garlic sauce. Add the slaw and scallions and toss to mix.
  7. Set aside.
  8. Grilling the Kebabs:
  9. Divide the steak among 4 metal skewers.
  10. Grill kebabs, covered, until charred, 2 minutes per side.
  11. Remove kebabs from grill to a plate and cover with foil. Let it rest for about 3 to 4 minutes.
  12. Serve skewers with slaw and garnish with sesame seeds.

Share to Facebook|Pin Site Image|Tweet This Post|back to top
  • 03/20/2014 - 5:19 am

Tracey - This looks delicious! Btw: Curious, how to you count cals for something with a marinade?ReplyCancel

• 03/20/2014 - 2:33 pm

ana @ fit, fun & delish! - Hi Tracey! I really don’t count the calories in this marinade as it was very light and the meat ended up being grilled. Having almost no residue on it. I think if I ended up trying to count the calories on it would make me OCD and I feel that’s one of those things that is better not to worry about. The amount of meat I ate wasn’t too much that would make a difference in my overall calories. I hope that helps! Oh and thanks :)ReplyCancel

• 03/20/2014 - 8:09 am

caren - Oh, I’m totally with you on the “why am I doing this” question. As I mentioned before, I was targeting doing something in May, but with launching ProCakes, I just don’t have the time or mental energy to focus on dieting. It takes so much out of me and I need to keep myself sharp and alert right now.

Anyway, hope you can find your why, or find your clarity soon. Limbo is no fun :)

Either way, your photography rocks!ReplyCancel

• 03/20/2014 - 2:35 pm

ana @ fit, fun & delish! - Hi Caren! You are so right about dieting to that level takes a lot out of you. If you have different priorities it’s better to focus on that! Thank you so much for saying about being in limbo is no fun! I’ve been there in my life before and promise myself never to do that again… and here I am! I think this has helped me in making a decision sooner rather than later.

Thanks about your comment on my photography! It’s a work in progress :)ReplyCancel

• 03/21/2014 - 6:25 am

Sharla May - This looks yummy and easy!!! Can’t wait to try it!ReplyCancel

• 03/21/2014 - 12:26 pm

ana @ fit, fun & delish! - Thanks Sharla! I’m sure you’ll love it!

@Jessica – Thanks so much Jessica! I appreciate your words of encouragement. Love your blog!ReplyCancel

• 03/21/2014 - 7:29 am

Jessica @ Jessiker Bakes - These look so delicious! Good luck with the dieting!ReplyCancel

• 03/21/2014 - 12:07 pm

Terese | Topline Foods - This looks and sounds amazing. A great way to use a top sirloin creatively and get away from just putting a grilled steak on the plate! Your blog is beautiful and the photos so enticing!ReplyCancel

• 03/21/2014 - 12:27 pm

ana @ fit, fun & delish! - Thanks so much Terese I really appreciate you stopping by my blog! I’m now intrigued about your products :)ReplyCancel

• 03/23/2014 - 5:48 pm

#HealthyRecipe / Asian Steak Kebabs | The Man W... - […] Ingredients:Steak:¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce2 Tbsp. rice vinegar1 Tbsp. each chili garlic sauce1 Tbsp. sesame oil1 Tbsp. brown sugar1½ lbs of top sirloin, trimmed, cut into 1½-inch cubesBroccoli Slaw:1 bag broccoli slaw mix (10 oz)3 scallions, sliced on the bias¼ cup rice vinegar2 Tbsp. sesame oil1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger1 Tbsp. brown sugar1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauceToasted sesame seedsDirections: fit-fun-delish.com  […]ReplyCancel

• 07/02/2014 - 5:40 am

Grilling on a Stick - 20 Kebab Recipes - […] Asian Steak Kebabs from Fit, Fun & Delish! […]ReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

Rate this recipe: