Arroz Con Leche (Mexican Rice Pudding)

Arroz Con Leche (Mexican Rice Pudding) | by Fit, fun & delish!P I N_______I M A G E

Hi guys! How’s your week going? I hope you’re accomplishing all of the goals you set out to do this week! If not, you got 3 more days! :). I did accomplish ONE big thing this week and couldn’t wait to tell you about it!

My blog got a new shiny look and it’s looking fabulous if I say so myself:)I LOVE clean looking blogs, with easy to follow links and not flashy colors.  For some reason I’m very attracted to monochromatic  tones – I’m even transitioning my home to this look as well. The old blog was close to this but this style is even cleaner. I think by keeping your blog simple, your food images have a better chance of standing out and that’s definitely my goal!

I added a new page (PRESS) where I list the places where I’ve been featured and some popular links where my recipes have been shared. I’m also thinking of starting a new blog series called “Back to Basics” where I share quick recipes that can be used as foundations to other recipes. Like pesto, enchilada sauce, salad dressings, different kinds of salsas, pizza dough, etc. So watch out for that soon!

If you’re reading this thru a feeder, please click the link HERE and take a look at my new and shiny blog! I welcome your input and would love to hear what you think 😀

Since the announcement of my blog’s new look took the spotlight, I figured I would share a simple dessert recipe to go along with it.

As simple this Arroz Con Leche is, it is also very delicious and so easy to make! It’s one of my few childhood desserts I used to have. In fact, my mom used to make only two dessert for us; this one and Platanos Con Crema (Bananas & Cream). Maybe she only had two in her rotation since she wasn’t a dessert person (like I used to be :).

Note: For this recipe I used La Lechera for the Sweetened Condensed milk since that’s the one I grew up with. But you can use any if your grocery store doesn’t carry it.

Arroz Con Leche (Mexican Rice Pudding)
Author: Fit, Fun & Delish!
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 8
Ingredients
  • 1 Cup long-grain white rice
  • 3 Cups of water
  • 1 piece of a cinnamon stick
  • 1 1/4 cup milk (you can use whole or 2%)
  • 1 cup of condensed milk
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup of raisins (optional)
  • Ground cinnamon for dusting
Instructions
  1. In a medium pot, add the water, rice and cinnamon stick.
  2. Cook over high heat and bring to a boil. At this point reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
  3. In a small bowl, mix the milk and condensed milk until well blended.
  4. When the rice is ready add the milk mixture, vanilla & raisins.
  5. Cover the pot and keep cooking until it thickens. About 10 to 15 minutes. Stirring constantly.
  6. Serve warm or refrigerate covered until ready to eat.

Share to Facebook|Pin Site Image|Tweet This Post|back to top
  • 04/09/2014 - 1:35 pm

Katrina @ WVS - Totally crushing on this pudding. It looks great!ReplyCancel

• 04/09/2014 - 2:24 pm

ana @ fit, fun & delish! - Thanks as always Katrina! :)ReplyCancel

• 04/09/2014 - 4:02 pm

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine - The blog looks beautiful! Love it XOXOReplyCancel

• 04/09/2014 - 4:56 pm

ana @ fit, fun & delish! - Thanks Rebecca! I appreciate your comment! :)ReplyCancel

• 04/10/2014 - 8:30 pm

Ilse - This is my 16 years old favorite dessert, she waits for her Mexican abuela travel here to ask her to cook it. I definitely need to give a try! Beautiful pics!ReplyCancel

• 04/12/2014 - 10:20 am

Arroz Con Leche | IMG Recipes| Discover Recipes, Cooking Tips & Food Images - […] April 12, 2014 Sam Leave a comment Arroz Con Leche Arroz Con Leche (Mexican Rice Pudding).For full “Arroz Con Leche” recipe click here […]ReplyCancel

• 04/18/2014 - 9:50 pm

Kelly @ Inspired Edibles - Ana, your rice pudding looks exquisite. I have always been a fan of the flavour and texture of rice pudding but have never made it at home! This is totally inspiring me (and look at your dishes – gorgeous!). Lovely styling too.ReplyCancel

• 04/19/2014 - 6:42 pm

ana @ fit, fun & delish! - Hi Kelly! I hope you get to make it! Thanks so much for your kind comment. I hope you have a great weekend!ReplyCancel

• 07/11/2014 - 4:42 pm

Liz - I love this recipe. Thanks so much.ReplyCancel

• 07/14/2014 - 6:45 am

ana @ fit, fun & delish! - Thanks Liz!!ReplyCancel

• 08/13/2014 - 2:19 am

Nadja Eleonora - Hi, I found you when googeling for gluten free derserts :)
    My first thought when I saw this recepie was OMG!
    Did you know that this pudding is what we in sweden eat for christmas (called “Santa Claus porridge)- to most of us it’s eaten hot as breakfast or cold with added whiped cream and oranges (and some extra drizzles of sirup) as desert on christmas eve.

Love to see familliar recepies in other parts of the world- yay 😀

XO/NadjaReplyCancel

• 08/21/2014 - 11:31 pm

ana @ fit, fun & delish! - Hi Nadja, I’m so glad you found my blog! I had no idea about this rice pudding is a tradition in Sweden. So cool to know that! Adding whipped cream sound delish! Thanks for the idea and thanks for stopping by!ReplyCancel

• 01/11/2015 - 10:50 pm
  • 01/30/2016 - 7:36 am

Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding) – Free Athletes Zone - […] not sure if this is healthy, but I know it’s yummy haha Taked from Muy Delish. Prep time:  3 mins Cook time:  35 mins Total time:  38 mins Serves: 8 […]ReplyCancel

• 09/11/2016 - 10:46 pm

Hugo - Thnk’u very much for using your time to share your recipes.rice pudding…perfect proyect!! California greeting and tuned.
    Chaooo guapa.ReplyCancel

• 11/16/2016 - 1:14 pm

Natajah - RecipesReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

Rate this recipe: