I’m a little disappointed that the summer is upon us and we haven’t taken any trips yet this year. Usually by now, Mr. Delish and I try to take at least ONE trip to a fun place even if it’s for 4 to 5 days. We’ve been sooo busy that time has not allowed us that pleasure. I do have a short trip to Mexico next weekend to visit my family but that will only be for 3 days….. then we’re going camping at the end of June for 2 days. But those don’t really count.
Lately I’ve had so much work that when I need a mental break I just close my eyes and dream of being in a different place. One where there is a lot of greenery and has cool days. One where you can just take a stroll from place to place without feeling the pressure of time.
The next planned trip is to Boston in September with a side trip to Manhattan. That seems so far away, but hopefully we’ll be able to escape before then for at least a weekend to somewhere cool. Even if it’s nearby like California.
How about you? Please tell me your vacation plans! I want to live vicariously thru you 😀
I think I found my staple dish for this summer. This chicken is amazeballs! It’s so easy to make, so juicy & flavorful that you’ll forget it’s super healthy! If you want to impress your friends and family with a delicious meal this it!
It goes perfect with wine and crusty bread. Yum!
Sorry for having so many images of this dish… it’s just so beautiful! I promise you it will look even more beautiful in person – – – – – – – – – > Keep scrolling for the recipe 😉
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 6 oz each
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, mined
- 1½ cups cherry and pear tomatoes, a mix of colors is better, halved
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of heavy plastic or wax paper on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of ½-inch.
- Season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil per medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook, turning once, until nicely browned and opaque throughout, 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and vinegar and cook, stirring often, until the tomatoes begin to soften and split, about 4 minutes.
- Add the basil, salt & pepper to taste and mix well.
- Serve warm.