Hi friends! This is a super quick post to tell you that recently I was asked to do my very first Guest Post! Sonia over at Oggi pane e salame, domani… is a very talented Italian blogger with many super delicious recipes! Her blog is in Italian but you have the translation option right on the blog. How cool is that? Check it out!
I’m very honored to be among her other Guest Bloggers as many of them I have admired for years. There will also be an additional post (coming soon) that will include a “Behind the Scenes” interview where I talk and demonstrate what I do when I take my food photos. Don’t miss that one!
For this Guest Post I decided to make a Shrimp & Spinach Quiche since it’s easy to make, and also delicious and healthy. To get the recipe hop over to Sonia’s blog.
Recipe & interview here: Torta salata spinaci e gamberetti [Guest post]
Meanwhile enjoy these photos!
- 1 homemade or store-bought refrigerated 9-inch pie crust
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1/8 teaspoon salt plus 1/4 teaspoon, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 4 ounces of your favorite melting cheese, greater
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray and line with the prepared pie crust. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add onions and 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring frequently, until the onions start to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add water, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are golden brown and very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Spread the caramelized onions in the bottom of the crust. Layer spinach and shrimp on top of the onions. Top with cheese.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, Greek yogurt, pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pour the mixture into the crust.
- Bake the quiche until puffed and firm when touched in the center, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. To serve, cut into 8 pieces.