Do you cook certain dishes at home because they taste better then what you can get anywhere else? This Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich is one of those for us. There are several restaurants around us that offer this same sandwich and for some reason the home version is much better! It must be the love that it’s made with right? Like these Chocolate Chip Cookies that Mr Delish is hooked on. I also started making Chicken Pot Pie and he says he can no longer eat chicken pot pie anywhere else lol! (that recipe will be posted in a few weeks when the weather cools down :))
I love going out to eat don’t get me wrong; I like trying new places, dishes cooked by Chefs & love being pampered by the wait staff. And let’s be honest, I don’t know a single soul that likes to clean the kitchen afterwards. But there is something rewarding about a home cooked meal. Specially when it comes out delicious and much better than a restaurant version.
Trust me, this sandwich is delicious! The photos don’t do it justice. I don’t think I did a very good job in capturing the yumminess. I was in a rush knowing the sandwich was waiting for me to eat right after the shootThe toppings in this Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Sandwich can be adapted according to taste. You can add avocado, jalapeños, tomatoes, lettuce, grilled onions, etc. The options are endless! I like to keep it simple and don’t add more than 2 toppings (besides the cheese & pineapple of course)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Teriyaki marinade ( I use [url href="http://www.kikkomanusa.com/homecooks/products/products_hc_details.php?pf=10201&fam=102" target="_blank"]Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade[/url]
- Teriyaki baste & glaze (I use [url href="http://www.kikkomanusa.com/homecooks/products/products_hc_details.php?pf=10204&fam=102" target="_blank"]this one[/url])
- 2 pineapple slices
- 2 swiss cheese slices
- 2 sesame-topped kaiser rolls, split
- Mayonnaise, avocado & jalapeños, optional
- In a shallow bowl, marinade the chicken with the Teriyaki marinade for about 10 minutes.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Grill the pineapple slices for 1 minute on each side.
- Top the grilled chicken with the cheese, cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on warm buns and add preferred toppings or just enjoy with the cheese and pineapple.