I really didn’t know what to call this recipe. I started out with “Lemon Shrimp & Pasta” or even “Skinny Shrimp & Pasta” but that wouldn’t do justice to this dish. It has a wonderful blend of flavors from the kalamata olives, lemon zest, parsley & feta cheese. “Lemon” or “Skinny” was too one dimensional and not fair. “Greek” seemed more appropriate to me. So Greek Shrimp & Pasta it is
Greek cuisine is the perfect example of traditional Mediterranean healthy eating. It’s based around a variety of colorful and flavorful foods that are high in nutrients and low in fats. For this recipe I decided to use spinach pasta to add a healthy dose of fiber instead of getting empty calories from regular pasta.
This is such an easy meal to make and it’s perfect for weeknight dinners or a fancy weekend lunch. I cannot wait to make this again!
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 10 kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon minced lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 oz large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 3 oz cooked spinach spaghetti
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic. Cook until the tomatoes are a little soft. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the olives, zest, lemon juice, black pepper, pepper flakes & salt.
- Add the shrimp, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp, cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir the parsley, turn off the heat and cover. Let it sit for 1 minute before serving.
- Serve shrimp over pasta and garnish with more parsley and the feta cheese.