Time flies when you’re having fun right? And also when you’re super busy! Oh my, it seems that not too long ago I was apologizing for not posting enough and here I am, a few weeks later doing it again. After 9 months of working in my pajamas in my home, I had to leave my comfort zone for a week for a business trip to Wisconsin. I had to conduct training and it took some time to prepare myself for that trip. But I’m happy to report that everything is back to normal in the Muy Delish household and I’m more then eager to post on a regular basis again.
Despite my trip being business related, I had a fantastic time! I met amazing new people, had delicious food and I even did karaoke! Since singing is not my forte, I decided to spare the audience of a sudden headache and just did back up singing to the song “Don’t Stop Believing” :). Good times.
The weather was fantastic as well; highs were in upper 60s to low 70s . The morning news kept repeating “it feels like a hint of fall” and it made me long for that time of year even more. That fall feeling came to a screeching halt when the plane arrived in Phoenix and the Captain announced that it was 108 degrees outside. Hmmm no bueno
I make a healthier version of meatballs by using 96% lean ground beef for less fat but you wouldn’t know it! They’re very juicy, soft and they even melt in your mouth. Serve them with spaghetti or even as sliders with a side salad for a complete meal. So good.
My favorite Marinara Sauce is from Trader Joe’s. See here. I use this sauce like crazy!
- 2 pounds 96% lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup italian bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 jars of your favorite marinara sauce
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and combine with your hands until everything is mixed through.
- Shape into meatballs.
- Heat a large pot or skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry meatballs in batches using 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Turn the meatballs about 3 times and cook them 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and set aside on a plate. Repeat this process until all meatballs are cooked.
- On the same pot or skillet, add the marinara sauce and deglaze until all of the brown bits from the meat blend into the sauce.
- Return the meatballs to the pot and cook for an additional 30 to 45 minutes until soft.