One of my favorite things to serve for an appetizer at parties and get togethers are crostinis (aka bruschettas). You can call me the “crostini queen” as my sister once said at a family reunion 😉 . I just think they’re so much fun to serve and beautiful! I like to serve pretty things especially when it comes to appetizers. How about you?
The key for a good crostini is fresh ingredients but also keeping things simple. You don’t want complicated arrangements during occasions when you’re usually pressed for time. I have partnered with SweeTango® Apples to share with you this delicious and easy to make recipe. SweeTango apples are best eaten uncooked (not recommended for baking) because the flavor is very intense. With these crostinis, the apple perfectly balances out all of the other ingredients.
I’m running a giveaway with the awesome folks at SweeTango® Apples and one lucky winner will be chosen on Tuesday October 27th, 2015. Don’t miss out! See below how to enter the giveaway and for more details.
- 1 french baguette, sliced into 1/2-1-inch thick slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- a pinch of salt
- Sliced apples (I used SweeTango apples – a combination of Honeycrisp and Zestar!. So good!)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Honey (for drizzling on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the slices of bread on a large baking sheet. Brush the top of each slice with olive oil.
- Toast the slices in the oven for about 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the mascarpone cheese, 1 tbsp honey and salt.
- Spread some of the mascarpone cheese on top of each slice. Top with the sliced apples, walnuts and the drizzle with honey
This is a sponsored post by SweeTango® Apples. I don’t do many sponsored posts so if you see a product here then you’ll know that I really love the product I’m writing about.
And that’s it! Easy peasy right?